Here are some things that I think I think…
1. I think that seeing The Lone Bellow play a show here in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago was incredibly awesome. It had been way too long since I’d see Zach Williams play live in person and I have been lacking because of it. You know it is a good show when you go home and listen to the band’s music for the next week. If The Lone Bellow are playing anywhere near you you owe it to yourself to go see them. The live experience of wonderful people making amazing music and leaving it all on the stage is not to be missed.
2. I think that speaking of music, I can’t stop listening to the following bands: the aforementioned Lone Bellow, Lord Huron, and the Alabama Shakes. If you aren’t familiar with any or all of these guys you need to check them out.
3. I think that I’ve ventured into some new and unknown territory. Yes, I broke down and joined Twitter. You can follow me at @samfielder22 but I can’t really promise anything remotely interesting or entertaining. I’m trying to think of things that I can live tweet that might be funny, like standing in line at airport security, riding the rental car shuttle, or conference calls. But I suspect those things might A) get me on the TSA no-fly list, B) be too short and uneventful, or C) get me fired, so I’ll keep on working on my ideas. If you can think of things you want me to live tweet, hit me and let me know.
4. I think that this was the WORST pollen season EVER. My long-suffering wife disagrees and tells me that I say this every year (I don’t) and has seen/read an article about exaggeration where pollen/allergy season was used as the example, but I still stand by my assertion and I promise that next year I will NOT say the same thing. (Unless it actually IS the worst season ever, even worse than this season, then I will gladly bestow the title to 2014).
5. I think I was right when I was worried that winter was going to slide right into summer with little to no spring. It was nice for about a week here in Alabama and now it is muggy and hot. I want my spring back.
6. I think that having 3 dogs is great. When we only had 2 the thought of 3 was ridiculous and insane, but now that we have 3 I can’t imagine not having all of them.
7. I think that putting seeds into soil, watering them, and then watching them grow is one of the coolest things ever. If our garden manages to produce about half of what we planted we’ll be having you over for plenty of veggies…
I think that is about all for now, but thanks for reading.
Love and sweatpants.