I was reminded this week why I post blogs, which is mainly because people read them. So, for all of you loyal readers out there, who have not abandoned ship in my recent blogging absence, I give you the return of The Week That Was…
Music That I Am Listening To and Enjoying – I’ve been listening to a lot of Wilco in the car lately, since the iPod has made it’s way back into the vehicle due to the closure of the one listenable radio station in Birmingham. Apparently playing music that everyone likes is not a good business model. I’ve also been listening to the wedding playlists, which I’ll try and post later this week.
Customer Service Moment of the Week – Nothing exciting to report here, as it was a slow week at work and there wa too much other stuff going on in my life, like being married, to worry about customers. So I’ll take this space and comment on how much I love being married. No more late night drives back to my own house, no more calling in the morning to see what time I should come over, and best of all, I now live with my best friend and love of my life. All in all, married life is quite agreeable with me.
Sports Moment of the Week – The NCAA tournament has been completely insane and while the huge upset of Kansas took place last week, it still resonates. Butler making the Final Four in their own backyard is a great story and it will be interesting to see how the last three games play out.
Books and Movies of the Week – Kristen and I watched a movie called Penelope, which was a little strange, but ultimately enjoyable. That is pretty much all I remember in movies, but since I’ve last blogged I’ve seen the movie Valentine’s Day (I liked it a lot), We Own The Night (I totally loved it), Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (It was ok) and Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins (predictable, but funny in parts).
Video of the Week – I’ve been sitting on this one for weeks…you’ve probably already seen it, but here it is nonetheless.
5 Things I Think I Think
1. I think that we got a ton of things accomplished this weekend. Pavers in the backyard, gutter fixes in the front, clearing out the front of the house area, washing of both cars, roof repair, unpacking boxes, and clearing out more space. A lot of hard work, but the house looks great now, and while not yet finished, we are a lot closer than we were on Friday.
2. I think the two dogs we have, Parker and Luther, are going to be good friends. They get along pretty well now and the more time they have together, the more at ease they seem. Pretty smooth transition if you ask me. Could have definitely been worse.
3. I think that Lowes and Home Depot might be my favorite stores ever. I forgot how much I love just going there with a list of random things and then wandering around the store and looking at all of the stuff there. And then coming home and working on the projects I just got supplies for makes it even that much better. Yes, I know that I am weird, but call me an old homeowner…
4. I think that weather has finally changed for the better. No more freezing temperatures or cloudy days. The last few days have been glorious and sunny and warm and I have loved it. Some rain this weekend, but nothing too bad and hopefully the worst of the cold and rain is now past us. Apologies to my northern friends still gripped by winter. It shall soon pass.
5. I think that I cannot believe that I graduate in 5 short weeks. Seems like just yesterday I was starting school at Beeson and now my time there is almost over. I’ve loved it so much more than I thought that I would and I’ve grown in innumerable ways. So many friends, teachers, and classmates have impacted my life in so many ways and I wish that I could thank them all individually, but if you are one of those people, consider this your shout-out. If not, feel free to claim it as well, especially if it makes you feel better.
So that’s all I have for now, but check back later in the week for a new post or two and maybe a new feature here. Thanks for reading and have a great week!
Love and Sweatpants.