It’s been a busy and crazy week and I think that things are going to keep heading that way until the wedding. Although that is not necessarily a bad things since I’m pretty excited about the wedding. School has ramped up as well, and I finally got the new iMac, so my time has been stretched in all conceivable directions. But I like it all, so it is worth it. But anyway, I digress. Onto what you came for.
Music That I Am Listening To and Enjoying – Yes, the music collection is all in one place currently, so there has been much rejoicing and listening of music. I cannot even begin to tell you what all I’ve been listening to, but suffice it to say my home has been filled with music the last few days. And I love it. I’ll be back with more next week but for now I’m reveling in the joy.
Customer Service Moment of the Week – Nothing really stood out to me from this past week. I’m not sure if customers were just behaving themselves or I just did not notice, but it was a quiet week on the retail front.
Sports Moment of the Week – As a result of my skipping last week I did not comment on Roger Federer’s impressive Australian Open win, further cementing his status as the best men’s player of all-time. But the moment of this week happened one second into the second half of the Super Bowl. The Saints successfully pulled off the first non-4th quarter onside kick in Super Bowl history, thereby securing the ball and soon the lead which they would never relinquish en route to their first Super Bowl title. I think that it is great for the city of New Orleans and fans of the Saints, but that is certainly not a unique opinion. I don’t know how anyone that was not a Colts fan and saw the Katrina devastation could have watched the game and not been happy for the people of that city.
Books and Movies of the Week – Kristen and I watched the movie Bottle Shock this weekend and we both really enjoyed it. It tells the story of a blind wine tasting set up in France for a competition between Californian and French wines. It is a great story that is well told with colorful characters throughout. Add in plenty of California countryside from my homeland and you have a winner.
Video of the Week – There was a lot of snow on the ground in the east and this reporter was out there talking about it…and feeling it.
5 Things I Think I Think
1. I think that school has really ramped up this week. Plenty of reading and writing to do. But I really like my classes a lot this semester, so I am going out on a good note.
2. I think having a definite idea of what you want in something for your wedding causes a lot of searching. Case in point: I have an idea in my head of what I want in both a wedding tie and a wedding band for my ring. I think that I’ve fabricated both of these ideas based on my thoughts and not any real products, which means that I’m trying to match real things to a thought in my head. Not really ideal. So I think that I might need to adjust my expectation, only at this point I am reluctant to do so…we’ll see how it all works out.
3. I think that one of the weirdest headlines I’ve ever seen appeared on The Birmingham News last week It said “No homicides so far in 2010” I guess that is a good thing but is it really front page news? And what does that say about our murder rates in the past?
4. I think that the massive Toyota recall is a little scary. Not just for Toyota owners of course, but for everyone how puts their trust in auto makers to figure this stuff out before it happens. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out as a brand as reliable as Toyota is shaken by the continued and expanded recalls.
5. I think that the fact that a 13 year-old can commit to playing college football at a school means that there is something seriously wrong with the college football system. I don’t care how advanced or mature he is, the fact is that HE IS 13! The system is broken and while I don’t know what needs to be done to fix it, obviously something needs to be done.
So that’s all I have for this week. As always, thanks for reading and have a great week.
Love and Sweatpants.