I almost just left the opening from last week… but instead I’ll just apologize once again for not posting as much as I had hoped to. Somehow I seemed to have more time to post in summer when I was not in school. Go figure. Anyway, onto the stuff you came for. Or stumbled upon…
Music That I Am Listening To and Enjoying – Company of Thieves have been on repeat all week, as has Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears. The Señors of Marsielle were also a pleasant find this week. The new Muse album comes out tomorrow and I’ve heard bits and pieces of it. Pretty good but pretty out there. Jay-Z released The Blueprint 3 last week and if you are inclined towards hip-hop at all (which I am, which probably surprises you…but it is what it is. I’m a Jay-Z fan.) I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
Customer Service Moment of the Week – Nothing stands out in my mind, which means that there were the normal annoyances of people talking on cell phones, not knowing what they wanted, and a myriad of other things that bother me on a day-to-day basis but all run together. However, please know that Starbucks went both up and down on prices last week, so your usual is probably a little different. And no, your barista did not have control over it so it is no use yelling at them.
Sports Moment of the Week – NFL kicked off on Thursday night and then had a full slate of games on Sunday. College football continued to amaze and amuse. The U.S. Open moved on, albeit slowly because of all the rain. Yet the most interesting sports moment of the weekend may have been Serena Williams’ meltdown in her semifinal match, which ended up costing her the match. Totally nuts.
Yes, she did tell the line judge she would stuff the ball down her throat and kill her. You stay classy Serena.
Books and Movies of the Week – Nothing to report here. All of my down time was spent reading for school and working on different things, so no books or movies for me. Not even this weekend, when all Kristen and I watched were sports. Hopefully I’ll have something else to report next week…
Video of the Week – This. Is. Ridiculous.
This. Is. Even. More. Ridiculous.
Back story here – Kanye West directed Beyonce’s video and since he thinks the world revolves around him, he thinks it is ok to run on stage and ruin someone else’s moment. And then flip everyone off on the way off stage. You stay classy Kanye.
5 Things I Think I Think
1. I think that my house is as clean and uncluttered as it has been in a really long time. Kristen and I cleaned and worked for most of the afternoon yesterday and it looks pretty good. We’ll see how long it lasts…
2. I think Michael Jordan gave one of the weirdest speeches ever at his induction to the Hall of Fame. Instead of graciously thanking people and sitting down, he tried to settle scores with anyone that he ever felt slighted by. Too bizarre. He is a legend on the court, but apparently can’t let it go. Strange.
3. I think that the amount of rain Birmingham has received in the past week is ridiculous. Each day I kept hoping that the rain was the front edge of a cold front that would usher in true fall weather, but alas, the humidity and mild heat are still here. Granted, it is not Florida hot, but I’m ready to break out my sweaters. In the meanwhile I’ll just keep wearing my raincoat…
4. I think that you need to read Kristen’s final blog post on the kitchen. It shows some of the details we’ve put in over the last few weeks and gives her more interesting perspective on the whole thing.
5. I think that I had forgotten how much fun Wii Tennis is. Crazy right? But I played for a really long time today and really, really enjoyed myself. Playing the computer is not nearly as competitive as my matches with James, but it is still a lot of fun.
So that’s it. I’m hoping to get something else posted this week, but we’ll have to see. I’ve got a lot of schoolwork but if I can get ahead on some of it I’ll try. Otherwise have a great week.
Love and Sweatpants.