Life has gotten busy. School and work and girlfriend and family have all taken time away from my blogging but I’ll try and fill you in on the recent happenings of my life.
Music That I Am Listening To and Enjoying – Maritime, Imogen Heap, The Hollies, Switchfoot, Gomez, and Blitzen Trapper have all been on heavy play recently. Not much new music lately but I’m ready for some good fall music to come out soon. I’ll keep you updated.
Customer Service Moment of the Week – I almost slapped a woman on her phone two weeks ago. And that was before she even ordered. Then she almost stole a pound of coffee and I was getting geared up to go tackle her (gladly and with spirit of course!). Rudest customer in ages for sure. Do everyone a favor and get off your cell phone while in stores and restaurants. Then yesterday I had a woman ask me if we had any free-pouring containers of sugar to use since it was too much work to open all the sugar packets. Really? You are that lazy? And you want that much sugar? And you just admitted it out loud? I never cease to be amazed. People are ridiculous.
Sports Moment of the Week – Saturday could have possibly been the most amazing sports day ever. Consider this: College football kicked off, Andy Roddick played in the U.S. Open, the U.S. Soccer team played a World Cup Qualifier, and baseball is in mid-playoff chase mode. Yes, that is one day. Unfortunately Andy lost, but the U.S. and Cal both won. Cal put a straight beat-down on Maryland while the U.S. got by El Salvador with a 2-1 come from behind win. All in all, it was a good day.
Books and Movies of the Week – I’ve been doing a lot of reading for school (go figure) but I did finish Hunting Eichmann which was a phenomenal read. I’ve also picked up Screwtape Letters again and I’m really enjoying it a lot. A couple of weekends ago I also watched Taken (a suspense filled thriller that I loved and Kristen hated) and Sunshine Cleaners (a comedic drama that I loved and Kristen thought was ok…).
Video of the Week – This is hilarious because no one got hurt. And the music makes it really funny too…
5 Things I Think I Think
1. I think that I had one of the better weekends in memory. Kristen and I headed to Atlanta where we visited with my mom, sister, and family (including some quality Uncle Sam time), took a trip to IKEA (everyone’s favorite store), enjoyed college football and great food (including homemade ice cream), and then stopped in Jacksonville, AL on the way back to see my best friend Drew and his wife Christina and her family. Monday included an All-Star crew at Starbucks and a great cookout later that night. Friends, family, football, food…the Four F Pillars of a great holiday weekend.
2. I think that I did not realize how many people actually read this blog. I mean yes, I see the statistics about how I average 15 views a day or whatever the number is, but at least 3 people have asked me about it in the last 4 days…so what the people want, the people get.
3. I think that this is the week of birthdays. Drew was Sunday, Paul and Tim share today, and J-Bird is tomorrow. Strange to think that 4 of my best friends in the world have birthdays within 4 days of each other. I guess the second week of September is amenable to my personality or something.
4. I think that this performance by my cousin Prince Fielder after his game winning Home Run is hilarious!
5. I think that it is time for me to get back to reading…but I’ll hopefully post a few more things this week. I have another recipe to share and some other thoughts. Check back later in the week to see what transpires.
Love and Sweatpants.