I’ve been implored to return to my weekly blogging of the week that was. And since I always try to please my fans (both of them), I’ll do my part.
Sports Moment of the Week: Two hockey playoff series went to Game 7’s, one of which went to overtime. Nothing is more exciting than that. Basketball playoffs are also in full swing with some good games going on as well. And baseball had a banner week with walk-off wins almost every night. My teams are currently headed in opposite directions. The Dodgers are playing well having adjusted to life without Manny. The A’s meanwhile, got hammered by the Tigers this weekend and appear to be not only woefully unprepared but also lacking heart. Not a good combination…
1. I think that the amount of rain we’ve gotten here in Birmingham is reaching epic proportions. Today is the first day in a long time that it has been sunny all day and hopefully that serves to dry some stuff out. I know my yard can use some drying up…but on the other side of things, the rain yesterday made for wonderful soup and napping weather. And the cooler temps today are pretty nice.
2. I think that I would rather be going to Southern California this week instead of staying here and working…Kristen and my parents are both there on separate errands and due to my lack of foresight and planning I did not put that together until too late. Maybe next time.
3. I think that I did remarkably well this semester for how uninterested I was in my classes. I took a veritable gauntlet of boring required courses and managed to come through all of them with A’s and B’s (feel free to send me gifts in honor of this achievement). My next two semesters (which are also my final two semesters) will be drastically better and more enjoyable.
4. I think that I have a list 10 miles long of people I need to call/hang out with. If you are on the list, I apologize for my busyness and I will start making my way down the list soon. Expect a call or a visit or give me one if you are so inclined.
5. I think that I need to wrap this up so I can go to work.
Thanks for reading and check back later for some entertaining stories from this past semester. I’ve got some good ones.
Love and Sweatpants.