I should be studying for my last final, but this is way more fun. I’m looking forward to this summer more than any in recent memory, so I figured that I’d tell you why…in list form of course. So here it is.
1. No School – Obvious, but this has been my least favorite academic semester in grad school. My classes were all important but all fell short of capturing my imagination. So I’m definitely read for the break.
2. Redoing My Kitchen – Ever since I moved into my house I’ve wanted to redo my kitchen. It’s not that it is bad, it is just that it is not great. And a little outdated. So, with some help I’m planning a complete overhaul of everything. I’ll definitely post updates as things get done, along with pictures.
3. My Internship – Ok, so I lied about no school. But no classroom school. I’ll be doing my final internship for school at Tapestry of Hope, helping out with ministry and getting things checked off my list…I think that it will be a lot of fun.
4. Sun and Swim Time – In between jobs and the like, I hope to get some time both in and beside the pool. I swam last summer and tanned the summer before, so I’m hoping to combine my efforts this summer and get toned and tanned. And reading by the pool simply cannot be topped.
5. California – Kristen and I have planned a trip out west to my homeland near the end of the summer. It has been 7 years since I’ve been there and I plan to see San Francisco as a grown up, take in some baseball games, and visit with some friends and family. And just have an all-around good old fashioned vacation too.
6. Florida – A plan is afoot to visit FL at some point. No definites yet, but for the first time in 3 years I miss the beach. So Kristen and I will head down to our parents places (both conspicuously close to the beach) and spend some time there.
7. Music – If you know me at all you know I love music and this summer there are a few new albums coming out (Wilco, DMB anyone?) and I hope to catch a few shows here in Birmingham as well.
So that is pretty much it for the summer excitement for me. It all starts Thursday about 3pm, which cannot come fast enough!